Since we’ve established this to be the summer of grilling around here, today’s recipe should come as no surprise right? I guess every summer should be for grilling, but it’s still such a shock to me that I own one. How did I live before, I always wonder, as I carry my grill accessories out to my deck every night. I have ‘grill accessories’ now.
Anyway, I’ve been on the lookout for good BBQ paleo shrimp recipes since shrimp is one of my favorite things to grill. So quick and so versatile. And while there are some good BBQ sauces out there, most store-bought brands are full of a lot of crap (read: sugar). It’s not something you really think about making yourself though, ya know? At least I don’t.
So to the internet we go! Here’s a recipe inspired by PaleOMG, which I adjusted slightly based on what I had around.
Paleo BBQ Shrimp + Grilled Corn
For the shrimp:
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
For the corn:
- Corn on the cob (~one piece per person)
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Unsalted grass fed butter
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Light grill to medium heat and shuck corn if needed
- Put corn on the grill and cover. Grill for about 15-20 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes
- Meanwhile put shrimp on skewers (one pound makes about 3 skewers)
- Mix all the shrimp spices together in a small bowl
- Melt butter slightly and combine in a small bowl with jalapeño, lime, cilantro, salt and pepper
- Using a brush, brush one side of the shrimp with half of the sriracha then sprinkle with of the spices, salt and pepper. Then flip the shrimp over and repeat
- Grill shrimp for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- When corn is off the grill, cover with the jalapeño butter
I usually serve with greens, sprinkled with olive oil and lime juice and either feta or cojita cheese. Pour yourself a glass of rose and dinner is served!