Why We Love Marie-Pier:
Marie-Pier Pitre-D’Iorio is an anti-diet Registered Dietitian with a B.Sc. in Psychology and the founder of The Balanced Practice. After completing her first degree in psychology, Marie-Pier struggled with an eating disorder. After recovery, she went back to school to become an RD with the dream to support folx in their own food journeys. She started her private practice and has been supporting folx heal their relationship with food and their bodies. She strives to provide evidence based nutrition interventions to all her clients and support them in their recovery journeys. She is passionate about helping folx discover how to ditch diet culture and nourish their bodies without guilt, shame or restrictions.
She is the host of The Balanced Dietitian Podcast where she provides listeners a different approach to nutrition. She offers one on one counselling at The Balanced Practice as well as an online group program to help folx heal their relationship with food and body.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Her own recovery from disordered eating and why she set out to bridge the gap between psychology and dietetics to help others heal as well
- Why our gut health and mental health are so deeply connected and why many of the strict ass little protocols from wellness gurus and celebrity doctors are actually making it all worse
- Why GI issues don’t always mean you should cut out good groups
- The other factors that could be impacting your gut health that have nothing to do with food
- Why weight-inclusive care is so important for health outcomes
- Why making a nome “nutritionally safe” is so important for families in which a child is struggling with an eating disorder
- Some warning signs that a child might be struggling with an eating issue
- How to manage post-COVID body image disruptions and why reconnecting to our bodies is the antidote to the discomfort not body love
- And so much more
- Watch Marie’s free workshop
- Check out her one on one services
- Check out her online program
- Follow Marie-Pier Pitre-D’Iorio on Instagram
- Watch our free masterclass to learn 5 Shifts to End Binge Eating
- Get our free video series: How to Stop Hating Your Body
- Join our private Facebook group
- Set up a free breakthrough session with one of our coaches
- Learn more about our personalized Intuitive Eating coaching program
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here: