Why We Love Dr. Conason:
Alexis Conason, PSY.D., CEDS-S, is a clinical psychologist and certified eating disorder specialist-supervisor in private practice in New York City. Her group practice, Conason Psychological Services, specializes in the treatment of binge eating disorder, disordered eating, body image concerns, and psychological issues related to bariatric weight loss surgery.
She is the founder of The Anti-Diet Plan, a weight-inclusive online mindful eating program designed to help people stop dieting, eat more attuned with their body, and live more peaceful and pleasurable lives. She is the author of the forthcoming book The Diet Free Revolution: 10 Steps to Free Yourself from the Diet Cycle with Mindful Eating and Radical Self-Acceptance (Out June 29, 2021, North Atlantic Books), available for preorder now where books are sold.
Dr. Conason is a fierce advocate for helping people recognize and question the societal norms that encourage feeling not good enough about themselves so they can stop fixating on shrinking their bodies and reclaim the space that they deserve in the world. You can find her on social media @theantidietplan.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Her own progress from dieter and weight loss specialist to anti-diet practitioner
- The multifaceted determinants of health
- Why mindfulness is so critical to healing your relationship with food
- How to quickly and easily integrate that practice into your daily life
- How mindfulness translates into healing our relationship with food and body
- Why processing grief is a big part of moving through to the other side of dieting
- Why examining what we’re getting from dieting, or hoping to get out of weight loss is key to shifting your relationship with food
- What your internal GPS is and how to start to access it
- And much more
- Giveaway! To be entered to win a copy of Dr. Conason’s new book, leave the podcast a review and send us a screenshot (email us email@example.com or DM us on Instagram @wellness_lately) by June 2, 2021
- Get the book, The Diet Free Revolution: 10 Steps to Free Yourself from the Diet Cycle with Mindful Eating and Radical Self-Acceptance (out 6/29, available now for preorder where books are sold)
- Learn about her 6-week mindful eating course
- Get her free 5-day mindful eating intro course
- Visit Dr. Conason’s website
- Follow Dr. Alexis Conason on Instagram
- Our interview with her husband, Dr. Gregory Dodell
- Watch our free masterclass to learn 5 Simple Shifts to End Binge Eating
- Join our private Facebook group
- Set up a free breakthrough session to see if our coaching program is a good fit for you
- Learn more about our personalized Intuitive Eating coaching program
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here: