Why We Love Maria:
Maria Sorbara Mora, MS, CDN, CEDRD-S, C-IAYT is a 15-year Registered Dietitian, Certified Nutritionist, Author and Founder/Executive Director of Integrated Eating Dietetics-Nutrition PLLC and holds a Masters of Science in both Nutrition Education and Applied Physiology from Teachers College (TC), Columbia University.
Integrated Eating, her private and holistic practice with multiple offices in the New York tri-state area, offers nutritional guidance, meal support, yoga therapy and outpatient groups for those struggling with eating and body issues, addictions and trauma, and clinical and yoga supervision, and professional trainings for professionals in related fields. Maria is also a Certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), 200-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher and recognized by the International Association of Yoga Therapy (IAYT) and Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (PRYT). In 2010, she expanded her practice to include yoga therapy and now leads yoga therapy groups throughout New York.
Her recent book (2019), Incorporating Science, Body, and Yoga in Nutrition-Based Eating Disorder Treatment and Recovery: The Integrated Eating Approach is an innovative guide that demonstrates how clients and clinicians can untangle, discern, and learn from the complex world of eating disorders. With voices from every stage of recovery, the book illustrates how clients can claim mastery in food and life.
Maria is a leading voice in the industry and a featured guest at conferences speaking about anorexia, bulimia, variations of binge eating (BED, compulsive and emotional eating), orthorexia, body image distortion, and compulsive exercise disorder. She has been an integral part of multi-disciplinary eating disorder teams at The Program for Managing Eating Disorders (ProMED), Columbia University Health Services and Barnard Health Center. She has also worked with athletes with eating disorders, including the Columbia University wrestling team and women’s cross-country team.
She founded Integrated EatingTM, a unique approach to the treatment of eating disorders, which combines and elevates the concepts of mechanical, mindful, and intuitive eating. Integrated EatingTM enables an individual to establish a level of mastery around creating a healthy relationship with their food, mind, and body by guiding them through a step-by-step process to truly recover and heal from disordered eating. She contributes to outlets like the International Journal of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy and Making Connections, published by The National Eating Disorders Association.
Her day-to-day mission is to integrate body, mind, and soul into the traditional treatment modality for patients. Her life mission is to support individuals in recovery to awaken the truest of all teachers…themselves.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Maria Sorbara Mora’s history with food and how her upbringing impacted her relationship with her body
- Why she began to consider her relationship with food and exercise in college and how it changed the trajectory of her life
- How she developed the Integrated Eating Approach based on her research and clinical work with eating disorders, body image and yoga therapy
- The four stages of treatment and why Maria meets people where they’re at in recovery
- Why movement can be so integral for healing and why Maria introduced yoga therapy to her practice
- The Free Your Fitness initiative Maria is launching and what’s in store for people who want to positively shift their relationship with exercise
- The tenant of self study in healing your relationship with food and your body
- And much more
- Visit the Integrated Eating website
- Get a copy of Maria’s book, Incorporating Science, Body, and Yoga in Nutrition-Based Eating Disorder Treatment and Recovery: The Integrated Eating Approach
- Follow Maria Sorbara Mora on Instagram
- Check out Free Your Fitness
- Watch our free masterclass to learn 5 Simple Shifts to End Binge Eating
- Join our private Facebook group
- Set up a free breakthrough session to see if our coaching program is a good fit for you
- Learn more about our personalized Intuitive Eating coaching program
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here: