Why We Love Doree & Kate:
Doree Shafrir is a writer and podcaster. Her first novel, Startup, was published by Little, Brown in 2017, and she co-hosts the Matt and Doree’s Eggcellent Adventure podcast with her husband. She is a former senior writer for BuzzFeed News and has also worked as an editor or staff writer at Rolling Stone, the New York Observer, Gawker, and Philadelphia Weekly, and has contributed to publications including the New York Times, The New Yorker, Slate, and Wired. She lives in LA with her husband, son, and dog.
Kate Spencer is the author of the memoir, The Dead Moms Club, published by Seal Press in 2017. Additionally, her work has been featured on Cosmopolitan, Rolling Stone, The Washington Post, Esquire, Buzzfeed, Refinery29, Women’s Health, Salon, The Huffington Post, and The Daily Beast. Previously, Kate worked as a Senior Producer, Writer, and On-Air Host at VH1 and is a longtime performer at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre. She lives with her husband and two kids in Los Angeles.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- How Kate and Doree formed a friendship and came together to start the Forever35 Podcast
- How the show has evolved since they started and how they’ve shifted thoughts around food and wellness
- How covert diet culture sneakily shows up in messaging and advertising in the name of “health”
- What self care looks like now for each of them in this current season
- Having a hobby just for the sake of enjoying it, and the impact it can have
- Favorite advice and guests from past conversations they’ve had on their podcast
- How they approach booking guests for their show and what they look for
- How body inclusivity has played a role in how they approach their work
- Their forthcoming books: how they each came about and what to expect reading them
- The societal expectations and pressure for women around getting married and having children by a certain age
- The future of Forever35 and what they’re hoping for
- And much more
- Listen to the Forever35 Podcast
- Follow Doree on Instagram
- Follow Kate on Instagram
- Follow Forever35 Podcast on Instagram
- Get Doree’s new book, Thanks for Waiting: The Joy (& Weirdness) of Being a Late Bloomer
- Watch our free masterclass to learn 5 Simple Shifts to End Binge Eating
- Join our private Facebook group
- Set up a free breakthrough session to see if our coaching program is a good fit for you
- Learn more about our personalized Intuitive Eating coaching program
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here: