Note: The pod is on a short summer break and will return on 9/7! This conversation is a repost of episode #71.
Why We Love Gillian:
Gillian is an anti-diet food and body freedom coach and body positive yoga teacher whose mission is to help women find lasting peace and freedom with food and their body.
Her unique approach combining both intuitive eating and body acceptance practices, not only support women in their recovery from chronic dieting, food and body preoccupation and body shame but also help empower them to build a life of sovereignty, liberation and joy.
Gillian has helped hundreds of women through her private coaching, group workshops, group coaching programmes and body positive yoga classes.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Her struggle with food and body image and how she spend years waiting for the perfect time to start mission ‘fix it’ which lead her to diet for over 15 years
- How punitive fitness played a major role in her problematic diet behavior
- The massive opportunity cost of being a professional dieter – all the things we lose out on in life while pursuing weight loss with such ferocity
- How we can be anti-diet and still be immersed in diet culture or the grey area of wellness that’s still causing a lot of harm
- Why separating weight loss and health is so crucial to make peace with food
- Why yoga is such a tricky space when we’re talking about diet culture
- Social determinants of health and the non-Instagrammable truth about wellness
- The societal double standard that those in larger bodies face when it comes to the implied morality around pursuing a healthful life
- And much more
- Visit Gillian’s website
- Follow Gillian McCollum on Instagram
- Follow Gillian McCollum on Facebook
- Fearing the Black Body by Sabrina Strings
- Health at Every Size by Lindo Bacon
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Virgie Tovar’s TedTalk: Lose Hate Not Weight
- Watch our free masterclass to learn 5 Simple Shifts to End Binge Eating
- Join our private Facebook group
- Set up a free Breakthrough Session to see if our coaching program is a good fit for you
- Learn more about Food Freedom Academy, our personalized Intuitive Eating Coaching Program
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here: