After recovering from a long battle with various eating disorders, Johanna Kandel founded The National Alliance for Eating Disorders (“The Alliance”) as a way to give back and make a difference. Since founding The Alliance in October 2000, Johanna has brought information, awareness, and support to hundreds of thousands of individuals nationally and internationally. In addition, she facilitates free, weekly support groups, helps thousands of people gain information and find the help they need, and advocates for change on local, state, and national level.
Subscribe to the Podcast:
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Johanna’s history with eating disorders and what led her to create The National Alliance for Eating Disorders
- The importance of eating disorder awareness and the important advocacy work being done
- How to recognize signs of an eating disorder in yourself or in other people in your life
- How to get support if you or someone else you know is struggling
- The upcoming Not One More Weekend and how to participate
- And much more
- Learn more about the National Alliance for Eating Disorders
- Join in on the Not One More Weekend 2/25/22-2/27/22
- Follow The Alliance on Instagram @alliancefored
- Follow Johanna on Instagram
- Watch our free masterclass to learn 5 Simple Shifts to End Binge Eating
- Join our private Facebook group
- Set up a free Breakthrough Session to see if our coaching program is a good fit for you
- Learn more about Food Freedom Academy, our personalized Intuitive Eating Coaching Program
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here: