Why We Love Nora:
Nora Matthew is the founder of Her Strength Studio. She first found a love for health and wellness as a Division I collegiate sprinter in 2009. As an American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer, Nora trained populations from young athletes to geriatrics and finally found her passion in working with women of all ages.
After having her first baby in 2012, Nora created Pregna-Fit, a unique strength training and labor preparation method for all stages of pregnancy. The program expanded in 2014 to include rehabilitative exercise from 6 weeks postpartum, Mommy & Me Strength classes, and the Mama Strength small group training program.
In 2017, Nora envisioned a studio that focused primarily on women’s health. Seeing Her Strength Studio come to fruition has been one of the most nerve-wracking and exciting times in her life to date, and she would not have it any other way. Nora loves to learn and most recently become a certified StrongFirst Kettlebell Instructor.
Subscribe to the Podcast
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- How she came to specialize in strength training for women and why she is so passionate about it
- Her incredible program, Pregnafit, and how and why she created it
- Why she loves helping people get strong and prefers to avoid clients who are motivated by weight loss
- Why fitness is not a punishment so she will never treat it as such or try to perpetuate that thinking in her studio
- Why strength training is not a weight loss tool and shouldn’t be approached from that angle
- Why you have to cut out the bs and ask for what you want in life
- Why she doesn’t love the idea of ‘modifications’ for pregnant women and thinks we need to train for a different outcome instead of just tweaking what we’d normally do
- Why delegating, in life and in business, is so important for mental health and success
- How she’s redefining strength training for women
- And so much more
- Her Strength Studio
- Her Strength Studio on Instagram
- Pregna-Fit on Instagram
- Strength Training for Pregnancy E-Book
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here.