Why We Love Hannah:
Hannah Eaton is the founder of Sequoia Immersions LLC, a Marriage and Family Therapist, speaker, writer, and wilderness guide. She integrates years of experience providing therapy, leading wilderness trips, and designing/ facilitating therapeutic experiences for groups that weave together research-based principles, creative expression, mind-body connection, and the natural environment. She currently resides in Seattle with her husband, and enjoys trail running, surfing, hiking, bike touring, dancing, design, sewing and gardening.
Subscribe to the Podcast
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- The intersection of health, relationships and the natural world
- How shifting her perception of her multi-passionate personality from problematic to a strength helped her to create her unique business
- Why she chose marriage and family therapy as her professional tract
- What proactive couples therapy is and why it’s so important yet underutilized
- The statistics on how long couples typically wait to seek help after the first signs of strong relationship distress – which is shocking
- How much our relationships affect all aspects of our health – not just emotional and mental but physical
- The two main approaches to marriage and family therapy and what the work actually looks like
- Why family mapping is so crucial to gain insights into who they currently are in their lives and relationships and what patterns they may be repeating that aren’t serving them
- Patterns she sees in family mapping exercises
- How past relationships affect our current relationship and how to navigate
- Why individual insight into personal demons is so important for a healthy relationship
- How far into a relationship it might make sense to start proactive therapy
- Her work with single people hoping to be in a relationship in the future
- Why listening and seeking first to understand is so crucial for healthy relationships of all kinds, not just romantic
- The real tools that are helpful for improving relationships
- How to get the most out of couples therapy in your own life
- The power of her wilderness couple’s retreats
- And so much more
- The Gottman Institute
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman, PhD
- Hannah’s website, Sequoia Immersions
- Hannah on Instagram
- Sequoia Immersions on Facebook
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here.