Why We Love Emily:
Emily is a non-diet, Health at Every Size registered dietitian that specializes in the treatment of eating disorders & disordered eating, obsessive/compulsive exercise, body image concerns, chronic dieting, and intuitive eating.
Emily uses an eclectic approach, utilizing principles from acceptance & commitment therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and dialectical behavioral therapy to help her clients move towards a path of recovery and healing. When she isn’t at work, you can find her reading, writing, spending time with her husband, singing along to Taylor Swift, or watching videos of puppies on YouTube.
Subscribe to the Podcast
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Emily’s experience with an Eating Disorder and her personal connection to this work
- The diagnostic differences between atypical anorexia and the standard classification and why it can be problematic
- The spectrum of disordered eating to eating disorders and the distinguishing factors
- Why Intuitive Eating is such an important tool for people recovering from food struggles
- Why making peace with food and working through any form of disordered eating can be difficult and uncomfortable
- Emotional eating during the holiday season and what to be aware of if you’re struggling
- Why restricting before a big meal usually backfires and makes us feel worse
- Restrictive thinking that isn’t physical but can still affects our eating habits and our body’s response
- Practical tips for implementing self-care throughout the holiday season
- Personal boundaries and how to enforce them in a way that works for you
- Self compassion: why it’s a key part of this process and tangible ways to practice it
- And so much more
- Visit Emily’s blog
- Follow Emily on Instagram
- Get Emily’s free holiday survival guide
- Our interview with Melainie Rogers (episode 33)
- Health at Every Size by Linda Bacon
- Beyond Beautiful by Anuschka Rees
- Our interview with Anuschka Rees (episode 22)
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here.