Why We Love Nicole:
Nicole is the founder and Executive Director of Yoga Foster, a national nonprofit that empowers educators with yoga and mindfulness resources for the classroom. She’s also the founder of Reclamation Ventures, a fund that invests in high-potential, underestimated entrepreneurs making wellness more accessible in their communities.
Subscribe to the Podcast
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- How Nicole got started and what she recognized in her own wellness practices that led to starting Yoga Foster
- Yoga Foster’s mission and the impact of bringing yoga and mindfulness to children and teachers in schools
- Why the wellness industry is inherently inequitable (and indicative of most industries in America), and why this work comes at a critical crossroads
- Why the focus on representation in leadership is so important in seeing real change
- Starting Reclamation Ventures: why it’s so critical and what Nicole is excited about in terms of the underestimated entrepreneurs who are changing the industry in huge ways
- Some of the things Nicole looks for in an entrepreneur to invest in with RV
- RV’s 2020 Impact Report, which highlights some of the work that is driving a more accessible wellness industry
- The difference between typical superficial trends in wellness and the trends that will actually help this important work be seen and carried forward
- A look at each of the focuses highlighted in the impact report, and people and organizations that are tackling the issues and leading conversations
- Self-care vs. collective care and how this work contributes to Nicole’s soul care
- And so much more
- Learn more about Yoga Foster and follow on Instagram
- Donate what you can to help make yoga and mindfulness elementary
- Learn more about Reclamation Ventures and follow on Instagram
- Donate to help make wellness accessible
- Visit Nicole’s website
- Follow Nicole on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Download the free 2020 Impact Report
- Check out the Reclamation Ventures Changemaker Database
- Arlan Hamilton and Backstage Capital
- Unionize Yoga
- Yoga is Dead Podcast
- Decolonizing Fitness
- TG/NB Project
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here.