Why We Love Jenna:
Jenna Hollenstein, MS, RDN, CDN, is a non-diet dietitian who helps people struggling with chronic dieting, disordered eating, and body image. She uses a combination of Intuitive Eating, mindfulness techniques, and meditation to help her clients move toward greater peace, health, and wellness.
She has been featured in Forbes, Wall Street Journal, U.S. News & World Report, Health, Lion’s Roar, Mindful, Vogue, Elle, Glamour, Women’s World, and Fox News. She is also the author of Understanding Dietary Supplements, the memoir Drinking to Distraction, and, Eat to Love: A Mindful Guide to Transforming Your Relationship with Food, Body, and Life.
Subscribe to the Podcast
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Jenna’s personal evolution and what led her to this work
- Her introduction to Intuitive Eating and how it shifted things for her
- The wellness diet and how to infiltrate the industry with anti-diet messaging
- Why it’s important for allowing discomfort instead of bypassing or squashing it and how mindfulness helps
- How Jenna works with clients and how she integrates mindfulness and meditation in different ways
- How to frame expectations for Intuitive Eating when we’re trying to escape the dieting mentality
- Common traits and beliefs among the people who seek out Jenna and embrace this practice
- The inspiration for her third book Eat to Love and why she decided to write it
- Why self-compassion is often the missing ingredient in the relationship with food and our bodies, and why guilt is never helpful
- And so much more
- Visit Jenna’s website
- Check out Jenna’s books on Amazon
- Follow Jenna on Instagram
- The Body is Not an Apology by Sonya Renee Taylor
- Glennon Doyle on Instagram
- The Four Noble Truths (BBC)
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Why We Can’t Sleep by Ada Calhoun
Click here to watch our Food Freedom Master Class to learn the 5-Step Strategy Our Clients Use to Stop Binging, and Finally Feel Good in Their Own Skin
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here.