Why We Love Aubrey
Aubrey is the founder of Postbiotics Plus, a microbiome startup that aims to protect the gut from assault when antibiotics or other medications are given. She is also the founder of soon launching, My Custom Herbs, where you can take a quiz to find out your gut type and an herb program tailored for you. Previously, she had a tonic and elixir startup, featured in Oprah Magazine, Elle, Well & Good and Japan Vogue and partnered with brands such as One & Only Resorts, Wallpaper Handmade, and The Tracy Anderson Method.
Aubrey is a certified health coach and created a gut health course for the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She holds a BA from Boston University in Advertising and won an award for best women’s health resource while at Grey Healthcare. She has an MFA in creative nonfiction from The New School in NYC where she has been a guest lecturer on product adoption.
Subscribe to the Podcast
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Her intro to the world of wellness and desire to solve problems
- Her company combining alternative health with cutting edge microbiome science to maximize the benefits of both
- What probiotics are
- What the science says about the difference between taking them and eating them in our regular foods
- Why probiotics are so important for our immune system
- The types of diets that harm our gut biome and the kinds that support it
- The big factors that can wipe out the good bacteria in our body
- Why eating sugar is like eating the lazy, couch potato, bacteria instead of the hard workers we really benefit from
- The gut – brain connection
- How her entrepreneurial experience has taught her to show up in life in a bigger way
- What happens when you face your fears and challenge yourself
- Why having mentors is a crucial part of the growth process and how to find one
- Julia Cameron’s autobiography & The Artist’s Way
- Martha Graham
- How her company is trying to bridge the gap between Western and Eastern medicine to compound the power of both
- Aubrey’s company, Postbiotics Plus
- Her herbal formula company, My Custom Herbs (Save 10% when you pre-order any product with the code Gutgold2019 at checkout!)
- Some of My Best Friends are Germs, Michael Pollan
- 5 Rhythms Class
- Elena Brower’s work
- Julia Cameron and The Artist’s Way
- Martha Graham
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here.