Why We Love Meredith:
Meredith Fineman is an entrepreneur, writer, and podcast host. She recently released her first book, Brag Better: Master the Art of Fearless Self-Promotion (with Penguin Random House), which became an Amazon bestseller. Brag Better is a guide to self-advocacy for highly competent professionals who struggle to communicate their accomplishments to others.
Meredith is the founder and CEO of FinePoint, a leadership and professional development company that elevates individuals, from young professionals to CEOs. She is a freelance writer of fifteen years and a book collaborator, with bylines from Harvard Business Review to Forbes, Fast Company, and more. She speaks and trains on the power of self-promotion to companies, brands, universities, and groups. She created and hosts It Never Gets Old, a podcast on secondhand and sustainable fashion.
Subscribe to the Podcast
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Why Meredith decided to write Brag Better after realizing women in particular struggle to talk about themselves
- Why it’s difficult to talk about our accomplishments, especially for what she calls The Qualified Quiet
- Why imposter syndrome and the fear of knowing enough creeps in more when you have a higher level of self awareness
- How old stories and situations can impact your relationship with talking about yourself
- How bragging better is related to privilege and the need to uplift other voices
- Why bragging can be a tool to advance your career and advocate for yourself
- How self-promotion can be more challenging during the pandemic
- The core messages of Brag Better and how to put the tactics into practice
- The elements of a good brag, and some of the key phrases to use or exclude
- Handling rejection and criticism
- How bragging better intersects with money
- Why promoting yourself and advocating for your career is a tactical skill set, not solely about mindset
- Why bragging better is a team sport and how to lift up other voices
- And much more
- Visit Meredith’s website
- Grab your copy of her book, Brag Better: Master the Art of Fearless Self-Promotion
- Follow Meredith on Instagram
- Set up a free breakthrough session to see if our coaching program is a good fit for you
- Watch our free masterclass to learn 5 Simple Shifts Our Clients Use to End Binge Eating and Finally Stop Obsessing About Food Every Day (Sometimes Overnight)
- Join our private Facebook group
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here: