In This Episode:
Bridget and Dana discuss why the concept of “feeling fat” is problematic for a few reasons, and how to cope when these uncomfortable moments come up in the process of healing your relationship with food and your body. This is a natural part of becoming an Intuitive Eater and building body image resilience, so we want to be able to choose real self-care and body respect in these moments, instead of going back to the self-harm of dieting and punitive exercise.
Subscribe to the Podcast
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Why “feeling fat” is a problematic concept for a couple reason and what to consider to shift it
- How to navigate this situation in a way that’s effective and helps you build your body image resilience
- How to choose real self-care and body respect over the self-harm of dieting and punitive exercise when these moments come up
- New York Times article: The Importance of Naming Your Emotions
- Hoffman Institute “Feelings List” from Dana’s therapist
- Watch our free body image video series: How to stop Hating Your Body
- Watch our free masterclass to learn 5 Shifts to End Binge Eating
- Join our private Facebook group
- Set up a free breakthrough session with one of our coaches
- Learn more about our personalized Intuitive Eating coaching program
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here: