Why We Love Alissa:
Alissa Rumsey, MS, RD, CDN, CSCS is a registered dietitian, nutrition therapist, certified intuitive eating counselor, and the author of Unapologetic Eating: Make Peace With Food and Transform Your Life. Alissa is passionate about advocating for women to reclaim the space to eat and live unapologetically. She is the founder of Alissa Rumsey Nutrition and Wellness, a weight-inclusive nutrition practice that offers virtual counseling and online programs to help people liberate themselves from dieting, cultivate a peaceful relationship to food and their bodies, and live a more authentic, connected life. Her expertise has been featured in hundreds of media outlets and she speaks regularly at events, online trainings, and conferences around the country. She calls New York City home and spends her free time exploring the city’s food scene and searching for patches of green space to sunbathe in.
Subscribe to the Podcast
On the Pod, We Discuss:
- Her entry to this work and the shift she made in her personal and professional life along the way
- Why unpacking diet culture and learning Health and Every Size commonly leads to activism
- How to separate the desire for weight loss from concerns about health
- Why diet culture is really anti-fatness and does not exist in a silo and how that’s the underlying current beneath most people’s dysfunction with food
- Why we all love the show Salt Fat Acid Heat
- Who Unapologetic Eating is for and why she wrote it
- How healing our relationship with food, can be a portal to deeper healing and self-actualization
- What the process of grieving a past body, or the thought of a different future body, looks like and how to “sick in the suck”
- And much more
- Visit Alissa’s website
- Her book Unapologetic Eating: Make Peace with Food and Transform Your Life
- Follow Alissa on Instagram
- Watch our free masterclass to learn the 5 Shifts Our Clients Use to End Binge Eating
- Set up a free breakthrough session to see if our coaching program is a good fit for you
- Join our private Facebook group
- Learn more about our Intuitive Eating Coaching Program
Didja like this episode?
We’d love for you to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and leave us a review. The more reviews we get, the more likely our fellow, female humans are to find us and start feeling confident in their own skin.
Subscribe and leave a review here: