To piggyback on Bridget’s sentiment that dining on something grilled, accompanied by a glass of rosé, al fresco, is the only way to do it in the summertime, I whipped this little number up last night. And by ‘whipped’ I mean, “had Joel grill” while I fed Foster some mushed peas and sweet potatoes
To be honest, if I had to do it again, I’d make some sort of tapenade out of the orange, olives and onions but, this works too.
Side note: man, I love olives.
The original recipe called for grouper but, as the lovely lady who fulfilled my Instacart order informed me, Whole Foods was fresh out of grouper. So we decided on tilapia instead. Have I mentioned how much I love Instacart?
Anyway, this literally took five minutes to prep and eight minutes to cook. I paired it with a my go-to side salad of arugula, shaved parm, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Joel attempted to pair his with some quinoa couscous but, instead forgot about said quinoa and left it cooking on the stove top for like an hour, and then once he turned to stove off, he forgot about it again and left it sitting there overnight to dry out and go bad. We’re very good at adulting in our house.
Grilled Tilapia w/ Orange, Onions & Olives
- 1 pound of Tilapia
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1 orange, zested and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Trader Joe’s garlic salt
- Handful of Kalamata olives
- Salt + pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high heat
- Rinse and pat Tilapia dry.
- Rub tilapia with olive oil, orange zest, garlic salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove fish and tent with tinfoil.
- Grill the onion and orange slices for about 1 minute on each side.
- Plate the fish, top with grilled onion, orange and some olives.
- Pair with side of your choice.